Kids Connect After-School Supervisor
Reports to: Kids Connect Manager
Pay Rate: $15.00 Per Hour
Hours: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday or Mondays/Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Additional hours may be available during the academic day by subbing and/or during Orchard Summer Camp.
Start/End: Immediately through May 23, 2023
THE ORCHARD SCHOOL
Founded in 1922, The Orchard School is an independent, non-sectarian, progressive school for 600 students in preschool through the 8th grade. Orchard is committed to advance each student’s academic success, self-confidence, open-mindedness, ethical character, leadership, and love of learning. Located in north Indianapolis on a 43-acre wooded campus with a state-of-the-art facility, Orchard promises academic excellence through a well-rounded education, engaging the natural curiosity of students in an active, child-centered, and experiential learning environment. Orchard values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. Orchard does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin in the administration of its admission, tuition assistance, or employment determination.
The Orchard Kids Connect Program is seeking innovative, dynamic, collaborative part-time after- school supervisors for their 2022-2023 school year. Responsibilities include: assisting the Kids Connect Coordinator in preparing materials for programming, including supervising for safety (both indoors and outside) and reading/homework time. Engaging with students during indoor/outdoor programming. Modeling respectful behavior and language with students, staff and parents. Assisting with snack time. Assist with clean-up of areas during and at the end of the day. Greet parents and assist with sign in/out.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be 18 years of age and have completed High School.
- This position is available for Butler and Marian University’s work-study programs. However, all nonwork-study students are also eligible.
- Education majors desired, however this position is open to all college students who desire to work with children.
- Must be able to work Mondays-Fridays 3:00-6:00 p.m. (15 hours per week) or Mondays/Tuesdays 3:00-6:00 p.m. (6 hours per week). We have limited availability for single and/or fewer days per week, please inquire.
- Must be willing to work during breaks (we usually do not have the same Spring, Winter and Fall breaks as the universities).
- Experience, affinity and enthusiasm for working with Preschool-KG and 1st-4th students.
- Ability to make the after-school environment fun, innovative, caring and a safe place for students.
- Ability to work with technology to support, supplement and enhance student learning and to manage the computerized check in/out procedure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capacity to inspire others.
- Demonstrated history of energy and dynamism with children.
- Willingness to learn and improve professionally.
- Sound judgment and emotional maturity.
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Orchard community.
Candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Orchard via: email@example.com. Please place “AFTER-SCHOOL SUPERVISOR” in the email subject line.
Orchard values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. Orchard does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin in the administration of its admission, tuition assistance, or employment determination.
The Orchard School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.