Orchard's Extended Day program offers numerous options during before- and after-school hours. Kids Connect's Multi-age-Kindergarten, 1st-2nd Grade, 3rd-4th Grade, and Teen 5th-8th Grade programs provide a full range of developmentally age-appropriate activities and also provide the structure to connect students with clubs and classes, athletic programs and events. These programs are available from 7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. and from 3:20 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. An additional fee is assessed for Kids Connect.
- All Orchard Students are enrolled in Kids Connect, but must have their medical emergency and student release forms on file with the Admissions Office in order to participate.
- The program is designed to meet the needs of our parents and can be used on a regular, part-time or drop-in basis.
- All children who are in the building before school or after dismissal and not under the direct supervision of an adult or in another extended program must be enrolled in Kids Connect.
- If you are not a regular Kids Connect user, we recommend that you arrange to have your child attend a Kids Connect program at least once so that in the event of an emergency, they will be comfortable with the program, instructors and process.
- If your child will be attending a Kids Connect program other than Teen Connect, please notify your classroom teacher so that they will know to send your child to our program and not to the pick-up line. If a need for your child to be in Kids Connect arises after the beginning of the school day, please contact the front desk. We will see to it that the appropriate arrangements are made to have your child join one of our groups.
- A student who is not picked up at designated pick-up times will join a Kids Connect program..
- Parents are responsible for signing their children out of programs before taking them from the building.
- Conference day and other special programs require pre-registration. Forms will be accessible on this web site.